If you’re thinking of replacing your old car with a new one it would be good if you put your old car up in an auto auction. This way, you at least get enough funds to offset your purchase of a new vehicle.
However, this process of auctioning off your vehicle may be confusing especially if you’re doing it for the first time. Below are some tips that can help you out.
1. Before you have your car auctioned off, you need to have an idea of how much your vehicle costs. This process is called the appraisal process. Appraising your car’s value is important if you don’t want to sell your vehicle for a very cheap or a very expensive price. There are companies that can help you appraise your car’s value. Even the auction house itself can appraise the value for you. Several factors come into play when determining the value of your car which includes the mileage and its brand and model.
2. Aside from getting the value of your car, you should also have a list of any issues that the car might have. This is important because you have to inform buyers about this. Hiding any flaw from them can result in the nullity of the sale; so try to be as detailed and as honest as possible. Usually, the condition of the car is displayed on the car’s windshield during the day of the auction itself.
3. At the day of the auction, people will get the chance to inspect your vehicle. Most auction houses only allow people to start the engine and check the accessories but never to put it out for a test drive.
4. Once they have inspected your vehicle, the people can then bid on it when the time for your car to be auctioned off comes. The highest bidder wins as in all auctions. If you put a reserve price for your car and nobody reaches that amount, your car doesn’t get sold.
5. Remember that whether or not you get to sell the vehicle, you will have to pay the auction house a certain amount. There’s the fee for a no-sale situation. Then there’s also the seller’s fee if your car gets sold.
Cedric S. is a writer for www.articles-r-us.net
Welcome to the blog of Roger Bryan. Keep up to date with the latest trends in Data Driven Marketing, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and the occasional book review!
Marketing with Roger
526 S Main St, Suite 801F
Akron, OH 44311