The internet has made it convenient for buyers and sellers alike to conduct their business. Gone are the days when one has to put up costly ads on newspapers just to sell one’s car. Today, people can post their vehicles on free listings online and buyers can look them up anytime.
However, along with the convenience are some challenges that also make selling a car online a tricky business. To help you out, we have come up with a number of tips for a hassle-free online auto auction experience.
1. Take lots of photos of your vehicle. The challenge with having an auto auction online is that bidders cannot personally inspect the vehicle thoroughly. It is therefore your duty as the seller to provide them with as many photos as you can of the vehicle to give buyers an idea of how your car looks like, especially under the hood.
2. Be as detailed as you can. Again, buyers cannot check your vehicle personally. Therefore, you should be as detailed as you can be when describing the condition of your vehicle. Does it have a scratch? How deep does the scratch go? Things like that may sound very minor but they count a lot to bidders who want to be sure of the car’s condition before bidding on it.
3. If you have a video camera, take your buyers on a virtual tour of your car! Be creative and take a video of yourself and walk your customers through your car. Take them under the hood and let them see your car’s interior. Aside from merely making a visual presentation, describe your car as well either by doing a voice-over or by placing a text on the video. Believe it or not, people will love you for doing that.
4. Also weed out fake buyers from real ones by looking at their ratings. This is usually a good indicator of the buyer’s reliability. Don’t put your complete trust on it, however.
5. Finally, offer your buyers a convenient way to pay you. This can be challenging though because you aren’t dealing with the buyer face-to-face. Make sure first that the credit card that they’re using is indeed theirs, in the case of credit card payments.
Cedric S. is a writer for www.articles-r-us.net
Welcome to the blog of Roger Bryan. Keep up to date with the latest trends in Data Driven Marketing, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and the occasional book review!
Marketing with Roger
526 S Main St, Suite 801F
Akron, OH 44311