So you’ve been writing a business blog on WordPress to promote your company, but you’re ready to make the move to a marketing automation platform, Hubspot. For many people, the biggest concern with upgrading to new software is having to transfer all of your existing data to the new system. This 24 step process will help to ease your concern by walking you through a struggle-proof method to transfer business blogs from WordPress to Hubspot. The steps will fall into 3 main categories: Exporting Blogs from WordPress, Importing Blogs into Hubspot, and Setting up Redirect Rules in WordPress.
Exporting Blogs from WordPress
1. Login to the WordPress installation, navigate to the “Tools” section on the left sidebar, and then click on “Export”.
2. Select the “Posts” bubble to export only blog posts.
3. Click the blue “Download Export File” at the bottom of the list
Importing blogs into Hubspot
4. Login to Hubspot
5. Navigate to “Content Settings” under the content tab on the top navigation bar
6. Click on “Blog Importer” under the Content Optimization System Tools box on the bottom left.
7. Under “Step 1” click the “Select Import File” and select the file you downloaded from WordPress
8. Under “Step 2” select the blog to which the posts will be uploaded from the drop down menu
9. Under “Step 3” click Start Import
Setup Redirect Rules in WordPress
10. Once the Hubspot import is complete, navigate to the Blog Importer and click on the import
11. Copy the Hubspot URL mappings from the Redirect Rules
12. Paste into a new Xcel spreadsheet
13. Navigate to the Data tab on the ribbon and click on Text to Columns
14. Select the Delimited bubble and click “Next”
15. Select only the “comma” bubble for the Delimiters and click “Finish”
16. Save the file as a CSV (You will use this in step 21)
17. Navigate to WordPress
18. Click on Plugins on the right and find the Redirections plugin. If it is not there install the Redirections Plugin
19. Click on Settings under the Redirections plugin
20. Click on Options
21. Under the Import section click Choose File and select the CSV you saved in step 16, then upload
22. Navigate to the posts section
23. Select all the posts, click on Bulk Actions, then Apply
24. In the status section select Draft and click update
Congratulations! You can transfer business blogs from WordPress to Hubspot. You are now free to analyze, synergize, and streamline (see Streamline Your Marketing Strategy) your content to generate valuable leads for your business.
Welcome to the blog of Roger Bryan. Keep up to date with the latest trends in Data Driven Marketing, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and the occasional book review!
Marketing with Roger
526 S Main St, Suite 801F
Akron, OH 44311