Why Buy a Used Car
Some people prefer to buy new cars because of a variety of reasons like wanting a vehicle that has a zero mileage, or preferring a new model over an older one, among others. But on the other hand, there are also those people who prefer buy used cars. Some buy it from second-hand dealers while others win them at auto auctions. But why choose used cars over new ones? Here are some of the reasons.
1. The price factor. Obviously, used cars are cheaper than new ones. And this is one of the major reasons why people prefer buying second-hand cars instead of those that just rolled out from the factory.
2. The car’s mojo. Other people are drawn towards used cars because of the history behind it. This is especially the case with popular car models. For them, a used car of a particular car model has a mojo, or a magic spell, that new cars just don’t have.
3. Used cars can be modified cheaply. Car modification enthusiasts prefer used cars because they can buy them cheaply and use the rest of their money modifying the car. They can then choose to keep it or they could sell it for a much higher price because of the modifications they made to it.
However, for all the good things about used cars, you should also be on the lookout for potential problems that may arise out of buying used cars.
1. They may cost more to maintain. Since used cars have gathered more mileage than new ones, they may have to be maintained more often than the latter. It is therefore important that you check out the car’s engine first and its other parts and see if they are still in a good condition. Otherwise, don’t buy it unless you want to shell out more for maintenance costs.
2. Used cars have no manufacturer’s warranties. Unless the second-hand car that you bought is still under warranty and that the warranty is transferrable, or if the dealer gave you a warranty, then you don’t get one for the car in case it breaks down after you bought it.
Cedric S. is a writer for www.articles-r-us.net